Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jeff Koons

What I saw of Jeff Koons' art works at the Beyeler was exciting, funny and truly a subject for conversation. I also felt that here is a person doing what makes him happy and at the same time making it his art for the world to see. I find art to be just like life and what I mean by this statement is life is full of surprises. It's a whimsical journey at times with no end. Jeff Koons' art works were large in scale and colorful. Some of the works appeared to have been airbrushed or polished to give a very sleek like finish. 








Overall, I give the show a 7 on a scale from 1-10. I'm not an art critic and don't pretend to know it all but I like the rawness and richness of that funky shit we do back home in the - D. The very large bloom-like pieces were on the money. Childlike in character, playful in a dream-like way, magical to the eyes and breath-taking. The show is bold in strength and done with class but what is art today? From what I saw at this show, I don't need to go back and see it again, one time did it for me. Right on!


No comments:

Post a Comment