Friday, January 27, 2012

Jenenne's visit and....I got a new housemate!

Morgen,

This week was exciting! There were openings and parties and Jenenne was here... to enjoy it all!
We had a chance to talk about the project I have ideas about and I showed some of Grandpa Mackey's drawings to my new friends.
On Friday we attended an opening at the Kunstmuseum Basel. This show was delightful and pleasant
to look at. This body of work was created by K.S.O, an after school program out of New York.
Saturday we went to The Bird's Eye jazz club to hear some music. Myself, Jenenne, Maggie, an artist who lives here in Basel. The music was just great! On Sunday, there was another dinner party here at the Laurenz House. We had people here from New York and from the Kunstmuseum Basel. I'm now sharing the house with another artist, who is originally from Vietnam. This guy is truly a party animal and my life will never be the same again after this experience!
A little fun fact I found out: I was told that there are 42 museums here in the city. Art is everywhere. People here live and breathe art. It's the norm and a way of life for most. I'm surrounded by it and people come from all over the world to be a part of this great energy that's here in Basel, especially when it comes to the arts and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment